Now that we’ve gone over how preplanning and prepaying for your own funeral can ease the emotional and financial burden of your loved ones after your death, we will cover some of things topics you will have to think about when making the plan. We suggest taking some time to let these ideas stew.
- Does your family or community know all the details of your life?
- Where you were born, where and how you spent your formative years?
- Do they know your maiden name, your mother’s maiden name?
- What events shaped you into being the person you are?
- Do they know what years you served in the military, what medals or awards you’ve received?
- What years did you graduate from what institutions?
- Where would you like donations to be made in lieu of flowers?
- Do you want a stone or a plaque?
- Do you have a plot already purchased?
- Do you have a preference for stone material, size?
- What type of funerary art would you like to decorate your stone?
- What would you like your epitaph to say?
- Do you want to be cremated, embalmed, or buried?
- Are you an organ donor?
- Do you want your body donated to science?
- Do you want to have your remains flown back to the place of your birth?
These are just a few of the items that can be included in a preplanning funeral plan. All your family needs to know is where your plan is. Harmony Funeral Home will be here for your family to help them in their difficult time. You will have given them a great gift by preplanning and prepaying for your own funeral. Call (866) 448-0888